Friday, October 5, 2012

Lord of the Rings TCG

A few posts ago I introduced TCG's and CCG's to this blog.  Over the years, as I mentioned, I have dabbled in this hobby.  Sometimes I collect the cards just for the cards sake...other times, I will find a few friends that are collecting also and we will play the game.

This game, The Lord of the Rings TCG, represents one of the games that I played and collected extensively.  Well...I didn't play that much, but I have a LOT of these cards floating around the nooks and crannies of my house...and even my office at work (another friend of mine and I would play a lunch!)



The game design is very well done.  You start out with a small "Fellowship" and travel through nine sites where your opponent(s) are given the opportunity to attack and defeat the fellowship on its journey.  When it is their turn...you act as the forces of Mordor.  

The cards are all based on the Peter Jackson film and are beautifully done, and as in most/all TCG's they come in Common, Uncommon and Rare varieties with different capabilities.  

You can still find these cards for sale on eBay...some sets going quite cheaply.  

Until next time...

Blogging here on Sundry Collectibles and at Disney Postcards on, you guessed it, Disney Postcards!

No comments:

Post a Comment