Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Wonder Woman - Stars and Stripes Forever!

I'm going to keep it short today given the July 4th holiday.  But, since it is July 4th, I thought I would dig into the archives to find something with a bit of a "Stars and Stripes" theme.


This is Wonder Woman issue #288, with cover art by Gene Colan.  I have not read a lot of Wonder Woman (and the main reason I bought this book was for the Colan artwork),  but I have always liked this character.  For me, when done well, she is always on the right side, never a brooding, conflicted, confused hero. Instead, she knows what needs to happen and goes out and gets it done!  Sort of like Superman...kick butt, take names, apple pie, truth, justice, and all that!  (Or...maybe even like Conan...without the apple pie...)

I will post more on Gene Colan (especially his Doctor Strange work with Tom Palmer) and on Wonder Woman in future posts.  In the mean time...Happy 4th!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment