Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Later Disneyland Panorama postcards

Disneyland The Nickel Tour is the bible when it comes to collecting Disneyland postcards.  Engaging in this hobby without this book is essentially impossible.  The book is itself rather collectible...as copies on eBay regularly fetch between $200-$300.  



But, it is a static thing.  The catalog of postcards published by Disneyland continues to grow.  A few folks that blog regularly on things Disneyland (especially Ken over at Disneyland Postcards) have websites that catalog the cards that are not in the Nickel Tour.  And today I feature one such card.


This card is one of a set of four numbered MP-10103, MP-10104, MP-10105, and MP-10106.  It is the same size as the older panorama cards that I have spoken of in my blog previously at 3.5 X 11 inches.  It is also a little mysterious to me.  A few years ago, a bunch of them showed up on eBay...and sold for just a few dollars each.  Since then, you see them occasionally, but not often.  I do not attend postcard shows regularly, so I do not know if they are common in that setting.  The card looks to be from the 1990's to my eye, but if that were the case, it would be in the Nickel Tour - and I don't see it in there (maybe I missed it?).  

Anyway...perhaps one of the readers of the blog can shed some light on this.  I have always wondered when this set was published and whether or not it was indeed sold in the park.

Until next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment