Wednesday, September 19, 2012

LAX circa 1950

I can't be totally sure when this Plastichrome postcard photo was taken, but it was probably around 1950 (perhaps even a little earlier) given that the TWA Constellation and United DC-4 are front and center.  This is a great shot of an air-hub that has done nothing but grow since it was carved out of a wheat and lima bean field in 1928.



I have flown in and out of LAX many times lately for my work and while I am more often than not caught up in the purpose of my work, I am occasionally tuned in to the fact that this place was one of the first modern air terminals...ever.  It's easy to forget the nostalgia when you are waiting in a huge security line trying to get into the terminal...but if you look carefully, you can still find clues to the past in and around the airport.

Until next time...

Blogging here on Sundry Collectibles and at Disney Postcards on, you guessed it, Disney Postcards!

No comments:

Post a Comment