Monday, May 14, 2012

Star Wars Trading Cards

I have been collecting stuff for a long time...and one of my first collections was of Star Wars bubble gum cards in the 1970's. I had a few pieces of the gum and can still remember that super sweet flavor that lasted all of 12 seconds before fading away.  But the cards were what I was really after.


I actually started collecting the cards when the second series, the red ones, came out...which means I had to assemble my blue set, the first series, entirely by trade.  Which I managed to do successfully on the school play ground at recess.  I still have the same cards today, 35 years later.


Featured here are the first card of the first set, Luke Skywalker, and card number 80 from the red set.  I put this one here because to this day I remember that it took me forever to get a copy of this card!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment