Monday, August 6, 2012

Bound Comic Book Volumes - Captain America 201-225

Comic books are flimsy and can be a bit of a challenge to read if you are sitting anywhere other than in front of a flat table that you can lay them on.  That is actually my preferred way to read them...on a flat surface.  And while this is not really that big of a deal, it is probably the primary reason that some collectors, and many publishers of comics, choose to bind their comics into volumes for easier access and reading.  


I have several bound volumes in my collection, some I have had bound myself, some I have bought already bound.  Today, I am showing a volume that is made up of  Captain America issues 201-225...a veritable buffet of Jack Kirby artwork!!  


To be sure, bound volumes do sacrifice the "collectibility" of a comic.  Generally, for the purpose of valuation, the books are counted to be in a condition of VG, or 4.0 on a zero to ten scale.  But if you want to find a bunch of issues all in on place that will easily sit on your nightstand...this is the way to go.  And actually, these bound volumes represent a precursor to the American graphic novel....a longer story bound into book form.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment