Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Vacationland Magazine 1961 - Flying Saucers

I have posted on the Flying Saucers at Disneyland before...so this post is an addendum to that one.  Recently I picked up a copy of Vacationland magazine from the summer of 1961.  As I have mentioned before, this magazine was started in 1957 as a promotional vehicle for Southern California tourism, but was published by Disneyland, so the focus was on attractions and news from the park.


Well, in the Summer of 1961, the Newsflash section of the magazine had an interesting article on the coming of the saucers.  What struck me is the comment that they have been "experimenting with the flying saucers in Northern California".  I can't say that I know where that work was done in Northern California...but it would be interesting to know!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment