Tuesday, August 28, 2012

War Gods of the Deep - More Dell Movie Comics!

I wanted to get back to my "vintage" roots today and post on a Dell Movie Classic comic book from 1965, War Gods of the Deep!  The title alone is worth the price of admission (for this book in this condition, a few dollars).  But the book comes with a rather pleasant surprise...decent artwork in the interior.


The cover of the book has a great shot of Vincent Price, with a classic...well...Vincent Price look!  I never saw this movie, and I do not know the plot of the show.  However, if I just momentarily remain in my ignorance for the purposes of this post, I would guess that it was some sort of Atlantis meets surface-man sci-fi thriller.  Let's check it out on Wikipedia...shall we?

Sure enough, War Gods of the Deep concerned the discovery of a lost city under the sea off the coast of Cornwall.  The movie apparently was trying to capitalize on the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea type fantasy of the time...I suspect it was entertaining, but probably not that great!



Like I said though...the guy who drew the interior art here was pretty good.  Check out this splash page with Vincent Price.

Blogging here on Sundry Collectibles and at Disney Postcards on, you guessed it, Disney Postcards!


Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment