Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Country Bear Jamboree

I did not visit Disneyland that often as a kid since I live in Northern California.  But when I did visit, I remember seeing these guys at the Country Bear Jamboree.  I remember it being a pretty fun show as a kid.  The attraction, which opened on October 1st, 1971, lasted for nearly 30 years, closing in 2001. 

 



The post card shown here is a Marc Davis concept sketch for the attraction.  It is one of sixteen postcards showing the multiple characters that made up the show.  These days, when you go with your young kids (or even if you aren't with young kids :) ) and ride on "The Many Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh" ride, you can still find Melvin, Max, and Gruff Buff hanging around if you look carefully.  Seems their creators did quite have the heart to take them down when the show closed in 2001.

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment