Friday, June 8, 2012

International Federation of Postcard Dealers

I am on the road today so don't have access to a scanner to upload images of my own stuff.  So, I decided to poke around the web to do some research.

Admittedly, I am on the very fringe of postcard collecting...that is, I only collect one (OK...maybe two) subjects, buy primarily on eBay (that is I do not generally attend postcard and paper shows), and my entire collection consists of three shoe boxes full of cards.  As you might imagine though, there are those who are significantly more invested in this hobby...



In my search today, I found this organization; The International Federation of Postcard Dealers.  This is a group of dealers (primarily) and collectors that exists to "...encourage professionalism, increase confidence, strengthen ethics and promote the postcard hobby worldwide." Sounds good to me!  The site has a bunch of links to dealers that sell cards on any imaginable topic.  One member-dealer states, "We actively buy, sell and trade old postcards of Bermuda."  Perhaps you are wondering how "active" one can you be in this niche?  Active enough to have his own website (Jay O'Conner Postcards)...and 8000 postcards relating to Bermuda in his inventory!!  I suspect a conversation with Jay would be a lot of fun...and pretty informative as well!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment