Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Western Airlines Convair CV-240

Some collections are all about accumulating a group of items...plain and simple.  As I have written about before, when I was collecting Star Wars cards as a kid, my goal was to get the complete set...period.  And to some extent this is what drives a lot of my collecting, even today.  But some collections offer more than that.  They offer a look back in time.

Don Ballard's Disneyland Hotel book (which I promote in the side-bar) is a great example of how a hobby can turn into a quest for the history of a place or thing.  Another example is the Nickel Tour, known as the bible for Disneyland postcard collectors.  It is a history of the park, but uses the postcards to tell the story.  It is this book that got me hooked on the that particular collection.  

So, with that thought in mind I am posting this "post-war" Western Airlines postcard of a Consolidated Vultee Aircraft Corporation (also known as Convair) CV-240 in Western Airlines livery.  A pretty interesting card...depicting a by-gone era in aviation.  And I don't care if I have a complete set!

Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment