Friday, June 1, 2012

Tales to Astonish


I am running a little short on time tonight, so I thought I would just pick a random cover from my collection and pass it along.  This is an early Tales to Astonish cover, #10 to be exact.  This title started in January of 1959...so just a couple of years before the big Marvel breakout with Fantastic Four and the Amazing Spider-Man.  In fact...several issues of Tales to Astonish and a sister magazine called Tales of Suspense had prototype characters that would later evolve into better known members of the Marvel stable of super heroes or super villains.  


The Grand Comic Book Database lists the cover artist here as Jack Kirby with inks by Steve Ditko and stories by Stan Lee...so, the all-star team working here.  I will touch more on Ditko later...not only was he the original artist on Spider-Man, but he also started Doctor Strange...one of my favorite characters.  

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment