Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Star Wars Trading Cards - First Series Stickers

As I mentioned in my previous post about Topps Star Wars trading cards, I started collecting only when the red bordered second series came out.  As a result, I had to trade with my friends at recess for the entire blue bordered first series.  The holy grail of this set (as I remember it anyway) were the stickers.

According to StarWarsCards.net each pack contained one sticker, seven cards and a stick of bubblegum.  The packs were 5 cents each.  So, the stickers were a premium item.  To put an entire set together, you were looking at 75 cents to a dollar in packs alone! :)  Here is the complete first series of stickers.




Looking at my collection today, I have multiples of all the stickers but one...Luke Skywalker.  Kids, including myself, stuck these on our binders and folders.  I suspect Luke was a popular one to use for that purpose.

These cards aren't worth that much today, if you care to pick up a set.  The stickers go for about $1 to $2, and a card set can be had for $35 or so.  But for me personally...these cards are an instant transport back to that 5th grade playground!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment