Monday, June 4, 2012

Peanuts Reprint Books: Good Ol' Charlie Brown

I have been a Peanuts fan since I was a kid.  Aside from reading the strip in the papers almost everyday, I remember getting a book called A Peanuts Treasury, and practically wearing the covers off the thing.  (I still have that book somewhere).  Another memory is purchasing the paperback reprints at elementary school book fairs.  I started buying these in the 1970's, but there were reprint Peanuts books being printed well before that.




Today I am showing one such book.  It's in a larger format than the ones from the 70's, approximately 5 by 8 inches with each strip presented in a 2x2 block, two per page.  It's a little hard to say when this might have been published...but based on the Library of Congress number, I am guessing 1957 or so, not long after the start of the strip itself.  

I found this book and five or six others from the same era at a garage sale a year or two ago.  They aren't worth much in the collectible market...but I think they are really cool!



Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment